Monday, April 25, 2016

Thing #7- Be Legal and Fair

Q1- Copyright Laws

http://bit.ly/p3pila

This 'disney' video is an amazingly fun way to learn about Copyright Laws and Fair Use! I encourage you to watch it all the way through.

Here is a QR code (see Thing #2 if you are confused of what a QR code is!) about the things that I have personally learned about Copyright Laws and Fair Use.


Q2- The Source

When I was doing this quest I was told to pick out a stanza out of one of my favorite poems. So I chose the last stanza in Robert Frost's The Road not Taken:

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Using bibme.org I was able to create a very fast bibliography for the picture to the left:
Blair, A. (2011, December 23). Split Road [Photograph]. Flickr, Internet.
And one for the poem above:
Frost, R. (n.d.). The Road Not Taken. Retrieved April 25, 2016, from https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/road-not-taken


Q3- Plagiarism
There are websites such as paperrater.com that can see if any part of the document was plagarized. To test this out I copied and pasted the synopsis from biography.com about Martain Luther King Jr.. Here is what I found:
Ouch! There is 0% originality in this!
Now lets check one of the documents that I have made as a school paper.
You see, websites such as these can not only help you make sure that you are righting everything in our own words, but also help people like me, to protect their published work from being stolen. 
Q4- Stop the Pirates
Here is a popplet that I created to show that piracy is NOT cool and why it is that way. 
Be considerate: don't plagiarize. 
During this quest I had an amazing opportunity to license one of my many works using Creative Common. And now, my blog is copyrighted!

This is an awesome way to legally copyright your work and do it without paying a penny as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment